I miss flying FPV but I don't have any plane for that. My last FPV plane, the Sky Arrow 1700 mm is crashed and beyond any repair. So I made this RC plane that I named it "Walet". Walet is an Indonesian name for "Swallow", a small and agile bird. Actually I planned to make the wingspan 1300 mm but I forgot to update the 3D model then it came out with 1400 plans. I think, what the heck, then I continue finishing the plans. Because it was surprisingly big, I released the smaller size plans, which is 1200 mm. My Walet is already equipped with FPV setup now, but still manual, no flight controller and GPS yet. In this episode I share with you only how to build this plane, not the FPV setup. I hope I can cover about it on other episode.
1. Wingspan 1400mm / 55 inches
2. Flying weight : 1100 grams/ 38.8 oz
3. Wing loading : 32.4 gram/dm2 - 10.6 oz/sq.ft.
4. Wing cube loading : 5.5
5. Wing Area : 34 dm2 / 527 sq.in.
6. CG : 13 cm
- 2200-1000kv brushless motor
- Tested with Turnigy 2830 1000kv brushless motor prop 9x4x3
- ESC 40A
- Battery Lipo 3S 2200 - 3S 5200mah - Li-ion 3S 3300 mah
- 4 plastic gear 9 gram servos
1. 5mm Depron/ Polyfoam
2. 3mm Plywood
4. 0.3mm Mica Plastic
5. hot glue
6. white packing tap
Open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Reader (recommended software)
PDF security password : none