About 2 months ago I made a poll about what the next radio control plane model on my Youtube Channel Community tab. The winner is the P-47 Thunderbolt 'Razorback' version. I made the model in Blender 3D, you can see the process of 3D modelling in this video. The reason I made 1200mm wingspan is to match my P-51 Mustang scale, both have 1/10 scale. It equipped with servoless retractable landing gear. I have a problem locking the landing gear strut, I just use CA glue so it don't have enough strength. I also made the plans for fixed landing gear. At first I use the wrong CG which is 7,7 cm, the correct CG after some trial is exactly 7 cm from leading edge of the wing root. The can fly straight with the correct CG but needs more power, I recommend to use 4S for maximum performance, but you can still fly with 3S for scale flying. I haven't fly any RC model on the last months so I was a bit clumsy in landing and take off.
1. Wingspan 1200mm / 42.2 inches
2. Flying weight : 1150 grams/ 40.5 oz
3. Wing loading :51.1 gram/dm2 - 16.8 oz/sq.ft.
4. Wing cube loading : 10.8
5. Wing Area : 22.5 dm2 / 349 sq.in.
6. CG : 7 cm from LE (wing root)
- Tested with Hobbyking 3536 650kv Brushless motor
- Recommended motor : 500-1200kv 35 motor https://amzn.to/3CkPUQT
- 50A ESC https://amzn.to/3lwr89O
- Battery Lipo 3S 2200mah 70C (recommended using 4S) https://amzn.to/3nFFLKn
- 4 x 9 gram servos (micro servo) https://amzn.to/2X5GdXH
- Master Airscrew 3 blade https://amzn.to/3hHINKk / 12x6 prop https://amzn.to/3nFG9bN
- 85mm foam wheel https://amzn.to/2XnDKYg
- servoless retractable landing gear https://amzn.to/3AnqpOd
1. 5mm Foamboard/ Depron/ Polyfoam
2. 3mm + 9mm Plywood
3. 0.5mm Mica Plastic https://amzn.to/3nJKgDF
4. hot glue, UHU glue, CA glue
5. packing tapes https://amzn.to/3ttYTMp / laminating film https://amzn.to/2XcNghb
1. Hot glue gun https://amzn.to/3BXwfGs
2. Heat gun https://amzn.to/3lawF5H
3. Covering iron https://amzn.to/3k2kM2s