This template specially made for AR Drone 2.0 pilots who want to customized their drone hull. It is when my hobbies merged together, piloting AR Drone 2.0 and paper modeling. It’s started when Parrot gave me a unit of the new version 2 drone as a gift for my involvement in their promotion campaign, which is a paper model contest in this site in July 2012. Since that time I decided to do this hobby and now I have two drones. I made a 1:3 AR Drone 2.0 with both outdoor and indoor hull model for that contest. That one third model is not accurate so I made a new one with 1:1 scale by measuring the original hull, so it will fit into the real drone. I made the template last night, print it today and build it just now. I took some picture of it while it still on the ground and while flying as well. I took pictures while the drone in auto-hover mode on quite strong breeze, but I had to do that before it’s getting dark (5 PM). Please understand this hull can not function like the original hull. It can not protect the battery and specially the front mounted camera on impact or in a crash, it's light weight but it is not strong enough. Make sure to tighten the hull to the drone base because it can loose by the strong wind, you can use magnet sheet but I use double adhesive tape. Once again use it by understanding your own risk, I can not guaranty it will work to everybody. I also add blank patterns on the the last pages.
ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS :
1. Make sure score well all parts and pre fold each parts before assembly.
2. I use 260 gsm art paper printed with digital printing printer.
3. Use UHU glue or PVA glue
4. You have to do these steps below in order, unless you will have difficulty
5. Attach part 5 to part 3
6. Complete part 4 with 7 and 8
7. Combine 3 and 5 with part 4,7 and 8
8. Then attach part 2 on them from below
9. Combine part 6 with 1 first and add magnet sheets or double adhesive tape on its place
10. Complete the hull by combine all parts together, top and bottom.