|F-35C Lightning II RC Plane|
This is my first model that is using EDF or Electric Ducted Fan. I choose the C variant of F-35 aircraft, mainly because it has bigger wing, I wanted to make sure that it will have enough wingloading to fly. In this model I also share with you couple new things beside by using EDF alone. I share how to make a clear canopy and using servo driven retractable landing gear. The landing gear was bought from Banggood for about 10 dollars a long time ago. What I learned by using EDF is, it's pretty expensive if compare with pusher prop and will fly in a shorter time. I only have effectively 2,5 minutes to fly the jet, the rest is prepare for landing. You have to use 4S 2200mah with minimum 60C discharge rate, otherwise you will have a damaged battery after the first flight. Also EDF models need a decent paved and long runway. If you can access one, EDF jet is amazing.
1. Wingspan 950mm / 37.4inches
2. Flying weight : 1235 grams/ 43.6 oz
3. Wing loading : 37 gram/dm2 - 12.1 oz/sq.ft.
4. Wing cube loading : 6.4
5. Wing Area : 33.37 dm2 / 517 sq.in.
6. CG : 11.5 cm from the begining of the wing root
- QX EDF Motor 70mm 6 blades 3500kv
- ESC 70A
- Battery Lipo 4S 2200mAh minimum 60C
- 6 plastic gear 9 gram servos
- 2 metal gear 9 gram servos
1. 5mm Depron/ Polyfoam
2. 3mm Plywood
4. 0.3mm Mica Plastic
5. hot glue
6. PVA glue
7. parchment/bread paper
|< Prev||Next >|